June 13, 2023 | Health Care | North America | Active

Amedisys / Option Care Health: Deal Insights

On 3-May-23, home health and hospice group Amedisys agreed an all-stock merger with home care provider Option Care Health, valuing Amedisys at $3.6bn, or $97.38 per share on the day. Based on the 3.0213 merger ratio, the consideration represents a 26% premium to the previous day’s close and is set to provide Amedisys shareholders with 35.5% ownership of the combined company, with Option Care shareholders owning the remaining 64.5%. On 5-Jun-23, in a surprise development, UnitedHealth Group’s (UNH US) Optum unit announced its own bid for Amedisys, confirming that it had submitted an all-cash $100 per share proposal on 26-May-23. Amedisys’ board responded that ...

How to Access this Report

Please contact us to request access to this report.


Share this article


Back to top of page